Monday, April 28, 2008

My First Science Fair!

The last few weeks of March mom was very busy. It seemed like she was always either at the computer or on the phone. We also traveled in to see Vicki, Holly, Haley or Jay at their offices a lot! I always get lots of attention when visiting so I didn't mind!


Finally, the last weekend of March arrived and we moved in to Hilton Coliseum on Thursday afternoon.


On Friday, over 500 6th - 12th grade students set up projects -- the largest fair in at least the last 10 years! While mom was busy lots of people watched me -- and I rode all over Hilton and Scheman in my little red wagon. -- Staying in the science theme of things I even had a plastic DNA helix puzzle to chew on.


Grandma Clark watched me for quite awhile and gave me rides. Grandpa Spencer was there to watch me one evening. On Saturday Grandpa Clark was able to see me too. How great all the grandparents could be there! Uncle Carl was busy taking lots of pictures and putting together a video with the crew from Rubber Puppy Productions. We missed having Aunt Em around (no one to keep those pesky High Schoolers in line).



I spent a lot of time with Whitney -- her name badge even read Babysitter. Whitney kept me entertained during the science fair and made sure I had my naps. Notice in the photos I had my own name badge like the big people! The people who make T-shirts for both mom and dad's events made me my own science fair t-shirt and sent it as a gift.


Look at me! I was able to walk across stage! Not when anyone else was there but still.

Things have settled down a bit now so mom has more time to play and update items like this. The plans are all finalized now for our trip to the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair that will be held in Atlanta, Georgia this May. I am going to tag along and see what that is all about and celebrate my 1st Birthday in Atlanta! Mom and dad have promised a trip to the aquarium, the zoo and Turner Field (I will have to wear my Twins or Cubs gear). More on how that goes later!

No comments: