Saturday, May 30, 2009

Clark's Big Day

Today Alan took Clark to his first big movie at the theater. They went to Des Moines to see UP! Alan said Clark was a good boy and he sat through the entire movie. He did make his usual comments throughout the film but for the most part it was during the noisy parts of the film.

Nothing like a good Pixar movie and some popcorn (and monmons or M&Ms) on a Saturday afternoon!
This allowed mom the day with just Grant. Grant and I planted some tomatoes until the wind kicked up again. Then we both rested until the other boys came home.

Clark also played with his first train set all his own today! I found a GeoTrax kit at a garage sale and thought Clark might like it. He does! Below is a picture of us setting the track up.


Grandpa Clark would be proud -- Clark is a good little engineer! He figured out the controller for the engine or "power unit" right away without any help from mom.


Sitting in the middle of his railroad watching the train go! This brought back memories of my own of helping my dad put together rail systems -- I always enjoyed that time we spent together! Luckily for Clark's first go round this system won't break easily -- trust me we sent that little engine off the bridge lots of times and it still keeps chuggin' along!

We capped off the day with Clark and Grant doing night time reading together for the first time. Clark heard me reading to Grant and wanted to join in the fun. It was nice to read to both of them! I know Clark will be providing Grant with lots of entertainment!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I see Teddy got to go along too!