Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Cool July Days


So far this has been a nice week -- weather wise and child wise.


I have decided to set some weight goals and lose what I gained with Grant (and then some). So, we have been taking morning walks in the park (Ada Hayden) around the lake. Sometimes we all go as family in the evening as well. Clark loves it! He walks for a portion of the way and then hops on the stroller seat to ride the rest of it. This means I go slow for the first portion while we examine bugs, birds, leaves, sticks, and watch out for bikes and the second half I get my workout in pushing both boys. We usually stop half way through for a snack of fruit and some water. Clark loves keeping an eye out for butterflies and now dragonflies as well.


He also loves the structure they made out of willow trees. It is really quite pretty and Clark and I play hide and seek.



On days this week when we haven't made it to the park (like today -- hopefully we'll go tonight) Clark still keeps me on my excercise plan. This morning after Grant went down for a fairly good nap for Grant (more on that subject later) Clark pulled out the Wii Fit Balance Board and exclaimed "No Shoes" -- this is Clark's name for the soccer excercise where inevitably I end up crying "no shoes" as people kick balls and shoes at my head. Clark laughs like nothing else at this game. He also likes other games like the hula hoop exercise (which I finally topped my sister's score today to be number 1) and he likes the jogging excercise because we run past waterfalls. He gets very upset when it looks like I may fall off the tight rope and yells "careful mommy -- don't fall!"


This week Grant turned 2 months old. Yes, sweet pictures of our baby boy -- but don't let these fool you he has an attitude completely opposite his older brother. He smiles and coos and even laughs on the flip side he can scream and fight sleep like none other. He can go from smile to feed me scream (red face and all) in a matter of milliseconds. Maybe we were just spoiled with an easy baby first. All I have to say is the cute little smile and coo warms our hearts and makes those other moments pale and fade.







Clark gets along fine with his new baby brother. He enjoys holding him and asks for that at least once a day. He also never fails to inform me that baby "is cry - e, mommy". Mr. state the obvious.



Today was a lot of fun too -- Clark was able to play with Gabe and Ty which he loves while Hollie and I worked on some red raspberry jam (you'll have to view Hollie's blog for those details). The jam looked yummy. Currently I am letting my mulberry juice strain to make some jelly tomorrow.

1 comment:

EClark said...

What?!? You beat my score? I guess I'll have to come home and work on hula hoop top dog once again. The pictures are adorable as always.