Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cake!

(This was actually supposed to be blogged yesterday, but, between an SSTFI Board meeting and Bell Choir rehearsal I didn't get it done).

On Sunday, Grandma and Grandpa Clark came down for a visit with us and Carl's family. Along came a much loved favorite -- Grandma's chocolate birthday cake. Last night we were still working on some left overs. Clark loves chocolate cake -- I believe the pictures describe that sentiment better than I could describe:



On another note we did some toad watching yesterday. Clark likes to bend over and peer in the window wells to check for toads. Yesterday we counted 10 toads in our one window well. All the way from babies to big papas/mamas. I picked up a big one to have Clark touch -- he laughed when it urinated all over my hands -- typical toad response. Not really sure why we have such a very large toad population -- they have tunnels everywhere and this year a group took up residence in a third window well. I would really like to clean up our window wells and put some nice rock in over the bare soil but I have a soft spot for our friendly toads (who hunt crickets).

1 comment:

EClark said...

Mmmm cake!!!! You just can't beat grandma Nancy's cake. I'd be a little bummed, but thank goodness I had my own to enjoy. Such cute pics. Happy Birthday again.