Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Little Drummer Boy

Today was my birthday so I decided Clark and I would do some fun things together. We took our time this morning and then went to town. Ironically my favorite spots to shop are also Clark's. We went to Earl May to check out tulip bulbs and plants for me and to look at fish and bunnies for Clark. He was so excited when we got out of the car. When we went inside he ran over to the fish display giggling all the way. We then picked up lunch and ate in Bandshell Park. Clark could watch all the equipment at the power plant from the park bench and see the trains go by through downtown. After playing on the playground equipment we headed to Holub's (a local nursery) and looked at all the mum's.

Dad took us out for supper when he got home. After supper he and Clark set up the "drums" by the garage. Quite a lot of pounding going on.

Today is also Day 7 in our pumpkin watch -- one week and it is starting to turn orange. However, the vines are starting to die back pretty fast -- hopefully it will manage to turn before the vines are done!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Looks like you had a great birthday!
My yellow pumpkin seems to be turning orange now too!
I hope this works - I have had nothing but trouble trying to figure out how to make comments on blog spots!